Brian's Ramblings

My thoughts in text, photo, and video form

Sunday, August 12, 2007

GRADUATION 2007

I have a masters of education! I never thought I would even utter such words, coming out of high school. My intentions were to simply earn a bachelor's degree and go and make the bling bling, maybe in the field of computers.

My journey through my masters in education from counseling and guidance was not a smooth road, which ice skaters could simply glide through. The path was made more of terrain than a 4-runner might enjoy navigating, full with bumps and dips and hurdles along the way. It's a good thing that I had good shock absorbers, in the form of my family, friends, and mentors.

I post this blog exhausted, but VERY proud of where I am in life. I will not sit and bask in the glory, however. It is time to tackle new horizons, open up new opportunities, and continue to strive for excellence! My new journey will be 4-years, and will entail the pursuit of a PhD in Exceptionalities from the Special Education department at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.

Another exciting venture will take the form of being a Graduate Assistant with the UH Warrior football team this season. We're in the midst of fall camp, a time when you get tested mentally and physically, in order to prepare for the season ahead.

We WILL be a great team, I have no doubt in my mind. People will KNOW Hawaii has a football program. We ARE the Warriors.

Until next time,
Brian Kajiyama, M.Ed.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brian,
    Congratulations on your master's. See you at practice.
    Dave Reardon

     
  • At 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations, Brian, that's quite an achievement, something I haven't been able to do. Good luck with your Ph.D. studies. I know you will do just fine. -- gigi

     
  • At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Brian,
    Congratulations! I was at the graduation ceremonies yesterday, and witnessed your participation. I was hoping to congratulate you in person as I looked for my son, who got his diploma, majoring in Chemistry. I lurk, reading the Warrior Beat - "midnight". I congratulated that Doctor of Architecture for his achievement too.

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations bro! Good to see you become a fixture with the Warrior football program. Hope you're a part of it for many many years.

    - From a crazy Warrior football fan
    www.coltbrennanheisman.com

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congradulations Brian!! You have come a long way!! I have been reading your blog for a long time and am aware of your struggles, but you have pressed on and won the prize!! Good for you!!

    --MO DVR Counselor

     

Post a Comment

<< Home