Brian's Ramblings

My thoughts in text, photo, and video form

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Happy Birthday!

Just a short post to wish Dr. Skouge a very happy birthday!

I'm in the midst of my first week of the fall semester. It's been quite a week, thus far.

Challenging in many ways, but good! It started off quite inauspiciously, with me waking up on Monday feeling sick. My throat was sore and I could feel a pressure on my sinuses...self-diagnosis: a sinus infection!

But, I had to attend the first day of school. Being absent was NOT an option! There were things to do, people to meet, knowledge to be had.

By the end of the day, I felt sick. Luckily, we were able to contact my doctor and shared my self-diagnosis, and was prescribed some antibiotics. The drugs worked really efficiently...at least that's what I'd like to think!

On Tuesday, I was just down and out. I rested at home, thinking about my marathon-like day forthcoming. I woke up on Wednesday feeling pretty good actually! I could have rested at home prior to attending my class, being that my class is from 7:05 to 9:35....at NIGHT! But, I felt fine and figured I'd test my stamina and take a stab at enduring this long day. I arrived on campus, as usual, by 6:45am.

What's there to do at such a time? Watch UH Warrior football practice, of course! Practice went well, the guys are slowly picking up the pace and gearing up for their first game on September 4.

I went to work at Dr. Skouge's after practice. "Please make 30 copies of this." This note, attached to a CD, greeted me as I arrived at an empty office. Off to the CRC I went, finished my task, tested a few CD's before leaving just to make sure I had duplicated them properly. The CD's worked and back to the office I went.

In any case, I'm doing as well as I could hope for at this stage, on a Thursday afternoon! One more day to go, and then it's the weekend! Yippee!

Randomness for the day:
On Monday, I saw my friend, Leilani. It was great to finally see her again, after about a year of being out of touch. She's completed her Masters in Speech already, and is wrapping up another masters in Public Administration. All I can say is "wow." She's someone who never can sit idle...she won't ever be "not busy"....I admire people like that, marvelling at the endless energy supply that such people have!

Have a happy aloha Friday, everyone!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brian -
    I love your blog site. this is the coolest thing ever.

    And thanks -- i didn't know it was Jim's b-day. I'm going to have to do something about that!

    rhonda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home