Brian's Ramblings

My thoughts in text, photo, and video form

Monday, February 28, 2005

Aloha from Pac Rim

I would like to welcome everyone to the Pac Rim breakout session headed by Dr. Steve Brown. I am writing this post assuming that we will have access to the Internet.

A blog is a web log. Essentially it can serve as an online journal. I use my blog to share my going on's week-to-week, as time allows. I was unable to compose a usual entry this week as I was busy preparing for Pac Rim and the National Capacity Building Institute following Pac Rim, while trying my best to be a student with a social life! A juggling act to say the least!

What I hope you take away from my sharing my blog with you is the idea that you can be empowered or empower others with a voice that can be heard/read by anyone in the world! Very amazing if you stop and think about it. It also allows for ongoing interactions, as readers can post comments for each entry if they so choose.

I make a conscious effort to make each entry informative, interesting, thought provoking, humorous, and worthwhile to read for I am well aware of how valuable everyone's time is.

Randomness of the week:

The image “http://photos1.blogger.com/img/184/1280/640/IMG_2315.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
On Saturday, I bowled with friends. This is my
good friend David, who is moving to
California
soon. Definitely will miss his presence!

The image “http://photos1.blogger.com/img/184/1280/640/IMG_2320.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
UH vs. Washington St. on Saturday night. Hawaii
won
9 to 8 in 10 innings. Great game!

The image “http://photos1.blogger.com/img/184/1280/640/fire.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Fire from a BBQ I attended on Sunday afternoon with friends.

Until next time, have a great week at Pac Rim. Enjoy all the beauty of Hawaii or where ever you may be, little things are so wonderful if we just take the time to appreciate them!

We're still looking for volunteers/participants for Art Enabled 2005!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey B-How are you doing these days? It's been forever since we've last chatted, huh? Well, thought I'd say hi through your blog-cause who knows when I'll be on-line. As for me, work is work-not too bad. I hope this week hasn't been too stressful for you. Anyway, hope to talk to you soon.

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brian,
    HI… I hope you remember me. I graduated with you. Kimi Kamiyama…. Anyways, you met one of my dear friends, Stephanie Manley, at the conference you hosted (March 2 and 3). I teach with her at Kailua High, yes I went back to our alma mater to teach and I love it there. She was going on and on about this speaker who she wants to invite to Kailua and have you talk to the students. She said you graduated from Kailua and how successful you have become despite your disability and how inspirational you would be for our students. She went on and on about how successful, wonderful and talented you are, and then asked me if I knew you. Brian, when I heard her say your name, I was sooooo excited. I was like, I know him, I know him. I graduated with him. So, I called in sick today and went to the second day of the conference hopping to see you there. You weren’t there, and I was kind of sad. So, Im writing to let you know how excited I was to hear you are doing so well and continuing your education. Brian there are so many questions I have for you and so much I want to catch up on; however, I’m not sure if this will get to you. I’m going to try and send this to you twice, once with email and through your blog thing. Sorry, I’m not up to date with all of this technology stuff. I really hope you get this and have time to write back. After reading your blog, it sounds like you are a busy celebrity. You know, conferences to host and organizations to take on (DVR). I’m looking forward to hearing from you. One last question, what is an Individualized Plan of Employment? As a SPED teacher, I know what an IEP is, but I don’t know what an IPE is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home